Saturday, May 30, 2009

News From Beverly Morze Piccone


Beverly (Morze) Piccone
Beverly (Morze) Piccone says, "My first visit to the blog was filled with emotions : happy to see/read about classmates, proud of their accomplishments, but deeply saddened to read of our class losses."

Since graduating from Gardner High School, Beverly has experienced a variety of careers. After graduation from UMASS - Amherst, Bev taught in Montgomery County, Maryland. After her her first year of teaching, she accepted a summer internship with Congressman Phil Philbin in the U.S. House of Representatives. This led to career # 2. Bev writes that "as Vice Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, Phil was often summoned to the White House to meet with President Johnson, and I had the job of delivering him to the back door of the White House."

Beverly continued to work on "The Hill" until 1974 and the birth of her first child, Rebecca. This started career # 3: at home mother. Then came career # 4. "When our second child, Robert, was six, I joined a compay whose products were educational toys and materials. This allowed me to remain at home AND rewarded us with travel around the country and to many exciting spots in Europe and Asia. " With children ready for college, Beverly embarked on career # 5. "In 1994 I became a residential real estate agent and over the past 15 years, I have worked with clients from 28 different countries. While the market in the DC area has cooled considerably since the boom days, I am still busy, but also enjoying career # 6 - grandmother. Our first grandchild, Frederick, was born to our daughter and her husband. Both our children and their spouses live in the "Big Apple" and we visit them often.

Beverly adds that "Although my careers have changed, I have had the "roots" of living in the same home for 36 years with the same husband of 41 years. Our weekly routine consists of dinner and a movie on Friday night and we make it a point to see all the Academy Award nominees. I am looking forward to our milestone reunion and a return visit to my hometown."

No comments: