Wednesday, June 30, 2010

News from Jadwiga Narkevicius Earle

Jadwiga (Narkevicius) Earle, her husband Bill, and three of their grandchildren

Jadwiga writes, "After graduating from Bridgewater State College in 1964 I was hired to teach physical education at a small school, grades 1-12, in Sandwich, MA. There I coached girls varsity basketball and softball. I started field hockey the following year and continued to coach it for 18 years. When the first grade teacher retired, I was asked to fill her position and I did. I taught first grade for three years. I left teaching after I married Bill Earle, who was also a physical education teacher and coach. We have four children - Mary, 38, Katie, 36, Karen, 34, and Kevin, 30. My husband left teaching to run a family fuel business in Sandwich. I worked in the office for fifteen years and retired when the business was sold. My husband continued to work for the new owners. We have six grandchildren - Jonathan, 12, Joshua, 8, Madision, 8, Brandon, 6, Hailey, 5, and Chloe, 4. Since everyone lives in Sandwich, we get together often for birthdays, holidays, and our children's sport events. Bill and I enjoy spending time in Wells, Maine and have traveled to Ireland and Italy. We are looking forward to seeing other countries."

In high school, Jadwiga was elected class secretary in years 1 and 4. She played field hockey and basketball and was Pro Merito for years 3 and 4.


No comments: